Award for personal essay.
Naomi Rodden Essay Award
Naomi Rodden returned to college late in life in order to become a speech therapist in the public schools. Naomi also wrote throughout her life, often about her faith, in order to encourage others.
Essays must be unpublished or scheduled for publication at the time of submission.
Submissions accepted from April 1 - May 31. Submissions received outside this window are deleted unread.
The essay should be a personal essay about the author's life between 500-3000 words.
Please read the Award Rules before submitting. Submissions that do not follow those instructions will be eliminated from consideration unread.
1. Submit the document to email@example.com.
2. Include your name and the title of your submission in the body of the email.
3. In the body of the email include the text “I affirm that this piece is not published or slated for publication or performance at the time of submission.”
4. We accept PDF files only.
5. Title your submission with your family name and title of piece. For example, if John Smith's story is called "Happy Dog Day," the document should be sent as SmithHappyDogDay.pdf.
6. All submissions should include full contact information on the first page.
7. All submissions should be paginated.
8. All prose submissions should include an accurate word count. Play submissions do not need a word count but should use standard play format.